The essence of a Greek salad[SALTSA ME MANOURI]
All the flavors of a Greek salad in one marvelous sauce. Τhis sauce is delicious when served on freshly baked bread or pizza dough and on all types of pasta. It can be used as a stuffing for pies, and can be even added to a refreshing green salad
SERVES 1 JAR 16 FL. OZ
COOKS IN 10′ PREPARATION
DIFFICULTY EASY PEASY
This is a boxed content block. Click the edit button to edit this text.
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup dry-salted black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup semi sun-dried tomatoes in their oil (see my home-made recipe!)
- 1 cup hard barrel-aged feta, cubed
- 1 cup manouri cheese (or any fresh white goat cheese), cubed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt, freshly ground pepper (as needed)
Strain the semi sun-dried tomatoes (homemade or store-bought) from their oil and cut into 3-4 slices. Put in a bowl.
Add the olives, feta, manouri (optional), oregano and olive oil.
Mix all ingredients together and carefully transfer to an airtight glass jar.
If necessary, add a splash of olive oil to cover ingredients.
Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To serve, stir lightly because the oil will have frozen on the surface.
Spread this sauce over some oven baked bread slices, as stuffing in pies, as pizza filling, as a salad dressing, or over some warm or cold pasta for a marvelous meal!
Greek Chef-Host, Restaurateur, Global Ambassador Of South Aegean Cuisine, Global Ambassador of Greek Cuisine, Tv Chef Host & Best-selling Cookbook Author.Read more about Argiro Barbarigou Read all Recipes
- 55,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 63,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 65,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 71,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 88,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 21,30€ "Inc. Vat"
- 27,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 86,00€ "Inc. Vat"