[GIGANTES ME FETA KAI SPANAKI]
A daily meal served year-round in all Greek homes. This meal is both healthy and hearty!
SERVES 5 SERVINGS
COOKS IN 1 HOUR PREPARATION | 1 HOUR COOKING
DIFFICULTY TOTALLY DOABLE
This is a boxed content block. Click the edit button to edit this text.
- 1.1 lb giant beans
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1.7 lb spinach
- 1 bunch fresh onions, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1.8 lb tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp. toasted breadcrumbs
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 0.5 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- Soak the beans overnight in plenty of water and 1 tablespoon baking soda.
- The next day, rinse well and transfer to pot with cold water.
- Bring to a boil on a medium heat and cook for 40 minutes. Strain.
- Wash, strain and roughly chop the spinach.
- Season and leave for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Squeeze between hands to release any fluids.
- Transfer to a bowl with the fresh green onions, leek, garlic, chopped onion, dill, and parsley.
- Combine and put half the spinach mixture in a baking dish.
- Add the broad beans in a single layer and cover with the remaining spinach mixture.
- Finish with the chopped tomatoes.
- Season, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 340°F on the lowest rack for about 1 hour, until the beans, absorb all the juices.
- About 10 minutes before the end, sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and watch it melt into the dish.
- 8,50€ "Inc. Vat"
- 6,50€ – 9,50€ "Inc. Vat"
- 3,90€ – 95,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- "Inc. Vat"
- 3,90€ "Inc. Vat"
- 8,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 27,00€ "Inc. Vat"
- 9,00€ "Inc. Vat"